Cowshed has arrived in South Africa! This gorgeous line of natural bath, body and skincare products finally made it’s way to SA shores and with cheeky names like Knackered Cow, Horny Cow, Moody Cow and Gorgeous Cow, it’s hard not to get hooked! Now this news is no longer hot off the press since the launch was in November (*blushing*) but it was such a fabulous affair and the products so luxurious, you definitely need the low-down!
Cowshed was brought to South Africa by Beautiful Age, a company that strives to help you feel beautiful and radiant no matter your age and the honest, natural Cowshed philosophy fit right in. Made in England and with spas all over the world from London to New York, Berlin to Miami, Cowshed has captured the market with their natural, honest approach to beauty and the mood boosting oils enriching mind, body and soul, allow you to choose the product that perfectly suits your mood. The names might be light-hearted but what’s inside means business. This holistic range uses a variety of organic ingredients, natural botanicals and pure essential oils, all sourced from sustainable resources. They are also suitable for vegetarians and they don’t test on animals – ever!
Cowshed’s extensive product range includes Bath and Body, Home, Mother and Baby, Skincare and Men (delightfully named Bullocks!) What I love about Cowshed besides their natural approach to skincare are the adorable names they’ve given each range of products! I’ve tested out two of their hand creams Cow Slip (essential oils of sweet orange and peppermint) and Cow Pat (essentials oils of grapefruit and coriander) and while I definitely prefer the fragrance of the Cow Pat hand cream, both are non-greasy yet very hydrating and left my hands feeling soft and smooth (which given the amount the of hand sanitizer they’ve been exposed to, is no easy feat!) Other products in this range include Grubby Cow, Dirty Cow and Mucky Cow all with a hand wash and hand cream.
So, how’s your mood?? Depending on the day, you can choose!
- Knackered Cow – Are you stressed, burnt out and finding it hard to concentrate? Then relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mood with Knackered Cow! I’ve tried the body wash and with essential oils of lavender, eucalyptus, rose and frankincense, it’s exactly what this tired mama needs!
- Moody Cow – Are you feeling moody, unpredictable and anti-social? Then Moody Cow has you covered and will re-balance, comfort and mellow your mind and body.
- Grumpy Cow – Are you irritated, drained and in need of a pick-me-up? Grumpy Cow is the perfect wake-up call with its zesty, citrus fragrance to uplift, invigorate and lengthen your short fuse.
- Horny Cow – Just in time for Valentine’s Day…. A little romantically inclined maybe? With amourously-inclined essential oils like vanilla and rose absolute, you’ll feel irresistibly invincible with a touch of Horny Cow 😉
- Wild Cow – Are you ready hit the ground running with all your energy? Then let Wild Cow invigorate and sharpen your mind with essential oils of Lemongrass, Ginger and Rosemary.
- Lazy Cow – Needing a little helping hand to unwind and chill-out? Get a little helping hand to embrace your laziness with Lazy Cow and their sleep-inducing oils of Chamomile, Jasmine and Sandalwood.
- Gorgeous Cow – Feeling blissfully indulgent and ultra feminine? Then Gorgeous Cow is your ticket to sophisticated, blissed-out happiness with its beautiful floral blend of Rose Absolute, Lavender and Ylang Ylang.
Lastly, and definitely worth a mention is Cowshed’s Mother and Baby Range – Udderly Gorgeous and Baby Cow. With stretch mark balms and oils, shower gels and bath salts and Leg and Foot treatments, the Udderly Gorgeous range will definitely be on my list if there’s a baby number two! And if you follow me on Instagram then you’ll know that I was gifted the most beautiful hamper of Baby Cow products that I’m in the process of trying out so keep an eye out for Oliver’s thoughts on his spoils.
Cape Town, you can get your hands on Cowshed at selected Woolworths and Melissas stores as well as Organic Living in Constantia Village but they will be available in Joberg and Durban in the next few months. Alternatively, you can order online through Beautiful Age – beautifulage.co.za/product-category/cowshed/ and they will deliver in 2 – 4 working days with free delivery on orders over R750.